Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th Oh My

Lions, tigers and bears, Oh my! It's Friday the 13th!

So, what!? I absolutely refuse to give any credence to the superstitions that surround Friday the 13th. Besides being a scary movie, it's just another day. God's still in charge. I probably won't take up sky diving or bungee jumping today, but that's because I'm a coward and has nothing to do with today being Friday the 13th.

Betty and I made a safe trip yesterday to Fort Collins, Colorado to visit with our son Wade, daughter-in-law Marie, and granddaughter Juliet. The weather was great and I love the scenery up through Northern New Mexico into Southern Colorado. We saw lots of Pronghorn Antelope in Northern New Mexico. We stopped at a great tack shop in Brighton, Colorado, but all I bought was a magazine.

I hope to have some pictures of Juliet up either later today or tomorrow.

UPDATE:

I made it today. Here are a couple of pictures from this afternoon:




Have a great day.

Today is June 13 and if your Birthday is today you share your day with: Mary-Kate and Ashely Olson (famous twins and supposed actresses), Ally Sheedy (actress - "The Breakfast Club"), Tim Allen (comedian - Tim Taylor on "Home Improvement"), Richard Thomas (actor - John boy on "The Waltons"), William Butler Yeats (Irish poet), Ben Johnson (actor - "Chisum" and real cowboy before becoming an actor), Red Grange (football player - "The Galloping Ghost"), and Charles Algernon Parsons (British inventor who invented the steam turbine).

3 comments:

The Wades said...

Glad you made it safely. Did Juliet seem to remember you from your last visit?

I like the idea of double posts! Fun for me. I'll be waiting. Love

Dan and Betty said...

We couldn't tell if she remembered us or not, but it didn't take her long to get comfortable with us again.

Dan

The Wades said...

love her!