Friday, June 6, 2008

Your Favorite Horse Movie

I added a poll (above) that will run for a couple of days to find out what your favorite horse movie is. I put in some of the classics, but you have the choice of "Other" and you can put your choice into the comments.

Let me know which horse movie you like the best.

Today is June 6 and if you today is your Birthday you share your day with: Jim Wade (Betty's younger brother), Bjorn Borg (champion tennis player), Max Casella (actor - Vinnie on "Doogie Howser, MD"), Dana Carvey (comic - "Saturday Night Live," " Wayne's World"), Robert Englund (actor - "Freddy Kruger"), and Pearl S. Buck (novelist).

6 comments:

The Wades said...

It wouldn't let me vote. I can never vote on polls. I think I'll go pout about this. Oh, and I was going to vote for Seabiscuit because it's the one I can most clearly remember. But really, I love the book, not the movie. Fun. I also remember liking the Horse Whisperer, but I don't know why. Did it have an adultery scene? There was something that didn't sit well. I just can't recall. Memory issues. Love

Dan and Betty said...

I put your vote in for Seabiscuit. I don't know why it wouldn't let you vote. There was no overt adultery in "The Horse Whisperer," at least physically. They became emotionally involved but that's as far as it went. I don't know if you read the book, but Robert Redford changed the ending. The ending in the book sucked.

Dan

daniel cooksey said...

My vote is for "Dreamer," not on the list. I enjoyed Hidalgo, but Dreamer was a beautiful movie with a beautiful set of messages without being schmaltzy or predictable.

Oh, and I can't believe you wrote "sucked," Dad!

Dan and Betty said...

I can't think of any other term to describe the ending in the book but "sucked." I saw the movie first and when I read the book I couldn't believe the ending. It sucked.

Dad

The Wades said...

Dan's showing his spicy side. I might have to read this book just so I can see what kind of ending would produce such harsh words. It must have really, really SUCKED! :) LOVE YA

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

"Hidalgo"...HANDS DOWN!!!