Thursday, June 5, 2008

Grace Really Does Gallop

One of the joys of my life is going to Galloping Grace Youth Ranch and helping out in any way that I can. Our friends, Max and Michelle Wade, run it as a place where kids can come FREE and experience the joy of horses. Check out their link on the left of this blog to read about what they're doing and enjoy Michelle's slightly twisted sense of humor (and I mean that as a compliment).

I try to go out on Thursdays to work with the horses or shovel manure or whatever. It was raining first thing this morning and I didn't think I would get to go. However, it stopped and I decided to go out. I'm really glad I did.

There is a program for girls that comes out on a regular basis and they bring some the girls who are experiencing various problems in their lives. Only two girls came out today. After lunch, Max worked with one girl in the arena as she rode Black, a gentle, experienced horse. I worked with the other girl in the round pen teaching her how horses communicate and how we can use groundwork to gain their respect and trust.

It was great to see these young girls get an 1,100 pound horse follow them around the round pen without any lead rope. The horse, through the ground work, had learned to respect and trust them which may be pretty rare in their lives.

Galloping Grace Youth Ranch is a place where kids can come to be loved and respected - both by Max and Michelle and also by the horses.

One of my favorite places.

Today is June 5 and if your Birthday is today you share you day with: Michael Winans (Gospel singer - "The Winans"), Kenny G. (saxophonist), William Boyd (Cowboy actor - "Hopalong Cassidy"), Igor Stravinsky (composer), and Pancho Villa (Mexican activist/bandit).

7 comments:

The Wades said...

Ahh, shucks! And YOU'RE one of our favorite things about the ranch!!! Thank you so very much for ALL ALL ALL you do for us! God has blessed us with your friendship! :)

The Wades said...

Oh-- pretty crafty title, my friend! :)

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Galloping Grace is Great. Thanks for being available Dan.

Anonymous said...

Beneficial try out Angela. Consult a number of friends and family whom love tools.
I’m guaranteed they are able to guide.
My web page :: Public Records

Anonymous said...

Wait around! Or possibly not necessarily! I merely published to Amanda’s e-mail deal with from the several
area and this time frame I didnrrrt receive an blunder information.

It indicates they in all probability acquired the information your
dog desired out of me personally (banking account quantity, etcetera) and now blocked my
personal e-mail address through an miscalculation concept which suggests “Eric’s e-mail address will not
be appropriate anymore”, but it’s most likely installed and operating once more.
Resistant can be I actually provided a note to
be able to his / her address from the diverse site (amongst the some other e-mail covers) so i didn't have an error message… darn…tghthgthgg Joe please help myself follow my personal application inside your organization. I have got by now provided my cv for your enterprise electronic mail, remember to We need a person's urgent reaction.
My web blog Records Search

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just now want to discover you ever possess difficulty with cyberpunks?
Our previous weblog (wordpress platforms) has been broken in to
i found themselves shedding several months connected with effort because of absolutely no backup.
Do you possess virtually any solutions to quit cyber criminals?
Feel free to surf my web-site : How To Get Rid Of Genital Warts

Anonymous said...

You can apply either Raymond even if you should
certainly aim much more about the particular evaluation website by itself.
My web page :: Instant Vehicle Insurance