Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kids Will Be Kids - Even Birds

For those of us who have children, we know they can be the greatest of blessings - and the greatest of pains. We have a resident Roadrunner, Simone, who lived in our stable all winter. Then she stopped coming and we speculated whether she had gone off to have a baby Roadrunner.

Normally, Roadrunners are like pigeons - you rarely, if ever, see young Roadrunners.

We were just about to go out to feed the horses their lunch today when we saw an adult Roadrunner (Simone?) with an obvious youngster following her around.

Here are some pictures to show that kids are kids... (double click on any picture to enlarge)

"Hey, Mom, don't you think it's time for lunch? Feed me!"

"Come on, Ma. Don't turn away from me. Feed me!"


"Maybe if I act like a baby horse and nudge underneath your belly, something will happen. Feed me!"

"Ma. Ma. Don't run away! There's no where you can go that I can't follow. Feed me!"

On second thought, it's most likely a teenager.

Today is August 23 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Kobe Bryant (NBA superstar and Olympic player), Nicole Bobek (Olympic figure skater), River Pheonix (actor - "Stand By Me"), Shelly Long (actress - "Cheers"), Rick Springfield (singer), Keith Moon (drummer - "The Who"), Barbara Eden (actress - "I Dream of Jeanie"), Vera Miles (actress - "Psycho"), and Edgar Lee Masters (American poet).

2 comments:

The Wades said...

So cute! Their babies don't even look like roadrunners. I guess kids drive their parents crazy no matter the species. :)

Fun seeing you today. I just wish my Betty was there. Love you, Betty!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

hahaha. Isn't that the truth! Terrific pictures, too, by the way :)

~Lisa