Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We're Heading Out of Town

On Thursday morning, we're going to pile into our Toyota Tundra truck and head North.

First stop will be Fort Collins, Colorado for a five-day visit with our son, Wade Daniel, daughter-in-law, Marie, and granddaughter, Juliet. I'll have my laptop with me so I will be able to do posts on what we're doing with them. Part of the fun is celebrating Birthdays. Wade Daniel's birthday is tomorrow, August 13 (see Wednesday's post) and my Birthday is Saturday, August 16.

Next Tuesday, we'll drive North again through Wyoming and into Montana for a couple of days sightseeing as we've never been to Montana. Then we'll drive into Southern Alberta, Canada to join friends from Canada, England and the Netherlands to do some horseback riding. I have scheduled posts for each day as I'll leave my laptop with my son.

So, everyone be good while we're gone and stay out of the cookie jar.

I'll close with this photo from two nights ago when it looked as if our Sandia Mountains had become a volcano (at least to my imagination):



Today is August 12 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Pete Sampras (tennis champion), George Hamilton (supposed actor, ladies man and tanning promoter), William Goldman (screenwriter - "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"), John Derek (actor and husband of Bo Derek), Jane Wyatt (actress - Mom on "Father Knows Best" - oh, the good old days), Cantinflas (Latin entertainer), and Cecil B. DeMille (director - "The Ten Commandments").

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Watch out! It's gonna BLOW!!

Man...that would really stink, eh?
Considering that the Sandia's are such an integral part of our area. whew.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get back.

Happy Belated Birthday too!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! or should I say another gorgeous picture! And yes, it does look like a volcano. Good job, bro! Bring us more.