Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ditch Pony Promenade

Today was the Ditch Pony Promenade in Corrales. It's an annual horse show for kids. It's an all day event and includes everything from costume classes, stick pony classes for the little bitties, driving classes, and riding classes in both English and Western for all ages up to age 18. Your's truly is the 'official' photographer for the event which means I'm the only one who volunteered to take pictures.


It's a lot of fun for me as photography is a hobby of mine. I enjoy watching the kids and some of these youngsters are good horse folks. I learn a lot from watching them ride. These pictures of me at work were taken by Betty, my lovely better half.


Here are a couple of the costume class participants. First is the bride and groom. The horse is dressed as the groom with the lovely bride riding side-saddle.



But, perhaps my favorite of all is Piglet, with Winne the Pooh on his back, riding Eyore.



There were plenty of good riders in all the classes, both English and Western, including this young girl on her white pony doing a nice little canter around the arena.



I thoroughly enjoyed myself and, God willing, I'll do it again next year.

5 comments:

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Lovely photos and what a fun idea to have a costume contest on horses! Tj

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Great fun! And, I agree about eeyore and crew. (kinda reminds me of our old horse, Charlie)

Do you suppose they would have a catagory for Tammie's "fox trotting bovine"?

Anonymous said...

Hey, photographers are appreciated for any event especially volunteer ones!! And what a fun event this seems to be!

The Wades said...

Dan,
I forgot to tell you we weren't going to be able to make it to this. We were at a birthday party for our little friend Cashton.

It looks like it was a great time. It was fun seeing you in action. Good job, Betty!

Anonymous said...

where was the show? love the pics are really cute!