Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away... No Wait, Stay!

I was supposed to go out to Galloping Grace Youth Ranch to work with the horses, but we have had one of our rare rainy, cloudy, windy days -- and we need the rain. So I was a Sunshine Cowboy and stayed home where it was warm and dry.

If you recall, we feed Gletta and Morgunn in separate stalls and we have to lock Gletta's run out. Morgunn eats about twice as fast as Gletta and he would eat her food if we didn't do this. When I went out to let her out this morning, this is what I found -- smart horses staying out of the rain.

However, when I opened Gletta's run out gate, it didn't take long for Morgunn to brave the rain in a dash for her stall.

So, when I went back inside both were happily ensconced (How's that for a word, Michelle?) in Gletta's stall.

3 comments:

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

I can't speak for michelle, but I like ensconced. As for the "sunshine cowboy"... our temp. just soared from the low 70's to 95 today and 105 tommorow. I'm thinking "shade tree cowboy". mark

The Wades said...

Love the word! I don't feel comfortable spitting it out myself, but I think it's nifty!

Love Mark's "shade treee cowboy." That's funny stuff!

I've missed my blog buddies. Love ya

Oh, Max only went out to feed. It really was too yucky to hang out there.

The Wades said...

BTW, I love that picture of Morgunn with his mane all puffed up! Great.