Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cowboy Dreams

Awhile back I wrote about giving up on my dream to become a cowboy and replacing it with the more realistic dream of becoming a better horseman (see "Changing Dreams").

However, the dream sometimes returns in the most unlikely places... such as this cartoon I ran across:


Don't you think that's me? The dream never really dies. Max, I'm ready the next time you need a header or heeler at the ranch.

Today is July 3 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Tom Cruise (actor - "Mission Impossible" - and Oprah couch jumper), Montel Williams (TV talk show host and MS crusader), Tom Stoppard (playwright - "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" - I actually saw this in Boston in 1969), George M. Cohan (stage performer - "Yankee Doodle Dandy"), Jean Claude Duvalier (Haitian dictator), Jan Smithers (actress - Bailey on "WKRP in Cincinnati"), and Achilles Alferaki (composer).

1 comment:

The Wades said...

we need one july 26, but you've already rejected us!

i'll let max know your fake offer. ;)

cute comic.