Friday, July 25, 2008

The Marvels of Technology

Later tonight, Friday, at 8:45 PM Mountain time, Betty and I will talk with Betty's sister, Margie, our nephew, Patrick, and his fiancee, Michelle. The three of them are in Singapore where Michelle lives. The beauty of it all is we'll also see them through a live video feed using the Skype network. This is a free network that allows you to do video calls.

This was particularly helpful during Betty's rehabilitation from her accident last fall. We were able to talk with our son and daughter-in-law and see our new granddaughter. We have also talked with a friend in England and another friend in Holland.

I know this is not horse-related in any way, but it's the best I can do since I'm still getting over my back spasm. It's better today, but it still hurts. Hopefully, I'll be closer to normal (as I define it) tomorrow.

Today is July 25 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Louise Brown (first 'test tube baby'), Matt LeBlanc (actor - "Friends"), Walter Payton (Chicago Bears running back), Estelle Getty (actress - "Golden Girls" - recently died), Walter Brennan (actor - "The Real McCoys"), Peggy Fleming (Olympic gold medal ice skater), Woody Strode (actor - "Cotton Club"), Jack Gilford (actor - "Cocoon"), and Alessandro Galilei (Italian architect).

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

My sons and daughter are doing this almost everyday now with their grandparents in South Carolina. They just love it.
I don't like the weird tinny background noise caused from it, though. I wonder if there is a way to get ride of that so we can hear the grandparents better.

Oh, and this could be horse related if you carry your laptop out to the stables and let the horses visit with your family, too.
Wouldn't they all just LOVE that?
I know I would. :)
hehehe