Thursday, July 10, 2008

On Our Way to Bowling Green, Kentucky

The post below and the next several are now kind of defunct. We took Betty to the ER this morning, Thursday, because of stomach cramps and vomiting. Just after noon today they did an emergency appendectomy for a burst appendix. She'll be in the hospital overnight and then we'll spend a couple of extra days with our friends, Bob and Molly. It's a God thing as Bob works as a lab tech at a hospital that's only 2 minutes from their house. So, being that close and having everyone know Bob we think Betty got some extra care which may have made a real difference. She's sleeping now as I write this. The surgeon says we should be able to pick up on our travel plans on Sunday or Monday at the latest depending on how she's feeling.

If you believe in God and prayer and can say a quick one for her uneventful recovery we'll appreciate it. Warmest regards to all. Dan

It's Thursday, July 10 and we're driving South from Batavia, Ohio, through Louisville, Kentucky to Bowling Green, Kentucky. Bowling Green is where my sister, Jane, and her husband, Hack, live.

Today is July 10 and if your Birthday is July 10 you share your day with: Jessica Simpson (blonde singer who gives truth to blonde jokes), Arlo Guthrie (folksinger, son of Woody Guthrie), Arthur Ashe (professional tennis player), Fred Gwynne (actor - Herman Munster), Jake LaMotta (professional boxer - "The Raging Bull"), and David Brinkley (newsman - NBC News).

3 comments:

The Wades said...

Oh no! Oh great that she'll be OK! We'll definitely say a long pray for her! I'm sorry she was in so much pain, but so glad they took care of her. Makes you wonder what God's plan was in all of this. Maybe it is a blessing to keep you from some other danger. That's how I'm taking it--a gift from God. (Easy for me to say--I wasn't vomiting w/ terrible cramps.) Thanks for updating us. Keep us posted. OH, and give Betty a hug for us. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey, Betty.

Surprise it's me!

I figured out how to get on your website. I just sent a message to you, so I hope this isn't a duplicate.

I am praying for you. May you be able to be mobile and in better health during the rest of your travels.

Thank you, Dan, for calling me.

I am so glad I got to see both of you. It's funny, but it felt like we were never apart. I talk about you guys all the time, and Billy say he now knows why you both are so special to me. :)

God really blessed me when he put the two of you into my life, and I'm always greatful for all you have done for me.

I love you both!

In His Grace,
Lis

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh no! God Speed to a healthy recovery for Betty!

What a blessing that you were staying with such special dear friends when this happened.