Saturday, July 5, 2008

Eastward Ho!

Betty and I are heading East tomorrow morning. We're flying to Cincinnati, Ohio where we'll spend several days with our good friends, Bob & Molly Dutina. Then we'll drive to Bowling Green, Kentucky to spend several days with my sister and brother-in-law, Jane & Hack McCauley. While there we'll go to a family reunion on my side of the family. Then we'll drive to Franklin, Tennessee, South of Nashville, to visit with Betty's stepmother, Nita Wade, and her sister, Margie Wade. Finally, we'll drive back up to Mount Vernon, Ohio, Northeast of Columbus, Ohio, to visit with our son, Chris, daughter-in-law, Tracy, and new grandson, Javier.

I scheduled some posts each day if you're interested in where we are and to keep the Birthday sharing going if you have a Birthday while we're gone.

Be good while we're gone.

Today is July 5 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Huey Lewis (singer - "Huey Lewis and the News"), Warren Oates (actor - "The Wild Bunch"), Georges Pompidou (former President of France), P. T. Barnum (circus showman), Bill Watterson (cartoonist - "Calvin & Hobbs"), Julie Nixon Eisenhower (daughter of President Richard Nixon), Milburn Stone (actor - Doc on "Gunsmoke"), and Sylvester Graham (inventor of the Graham Cracker).

3 comments:

The Wades said...

I'll miss you! Thanks for the scheduled posts. That makes your leaving a little less painful. Have fun and be safe! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

hehe, Love that 'finger-wagging' photo! I promise to be good.

You must have some fantastic horse-sitters for you to have such freedom to travel. I bet your two spoiled equines will be missing you, though.

I'm glad you'll be checking into your blog with travel posts while you and Betty are away.

Thanks again for what you said on my blog about my twins being away and growing up. I appreciate that very much.

So, go on then! And have a safe, fun trip!

Trailboss said...

Hey! I know where Bowling Green is, I deal with people from Mount Vernon every day at work and Franklin, Tn isn't very far from me. My stepdaughter and her husband live outside of Columbus, Ohio. Have a wonderful trip!