Monday, July 28, 2008

Remember When?

One of the things I love about living in New Mexico is our 'big sky.' I know a lot of other states rightfully crow about their big sky, but I'll put New Mexico's big sky up against any other.

This time of the year is a great time for dramatic and interesting cloud formations. It often reminds me of my days as a kid watching the clouds and seeing different, interesting things in their formation and in my imagination.

So, to reclaim a little of our youth, I'm giving everyone who reads this a chance to remember when you were a kid. Following are six pictures of cloud formations and I invite you to share your imaginative ideas in the comment section about any or all of the clouds.

Cloud formation #1
Cloud formation #2:
Cloud formation #3:
Cloud formation #4:
Cloud formation #5:
Cloud formation #6:

Tell us what you see.

Today is July 28 and if today is your Birthday then you share your day with: Sally Struthers (actress - Gloria on "All in the Family"), Jim Davis (cartoonist - "Garfield"), Rick Wright (musician - Pink Floyd), Bill Bradley (US Senator), Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (wife of President John F. Kennedy), Rudy Vallee (radio singer), Beatrix Potter (author - "Peter Rabbit"), Marilyn Quayle (wife of VP Dan Quayle), and Ludwig A. Feuerbach (German philosopher - "A man is what he eats.").

8 comments:

daniel cooksey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daniel cooksey said...

#1--Jabba the Hut
#2--A Power Sander
#3--The "great fish" that swallowed Jonah
#4--Mr. Magoo, falling off a cliff
#5--Bigfoot, reclining and pointing to the cloud formations overhead
#6--Dragon hatching from an egg (this is impossible to explain, but I do see it--like those 3D posters you had to cross your eyes at to make out)

Dan and Betty said...

Way to go, #1 son. I especially like #5 Bigfoot and #6 dragon hatching - I can see it so it must run in the family. However, I never could find Mr. Magoo.

Thanks,

Dad

daniel cooksey said...

Magoo is falling away from your point of view, with his elbows slightly akimbo behind him. It's a stretch, but I see it. It was a fun exercise.

Dan and Betty said...

I see the falling away and the arms akimbo, but I admire your imagination to see Mr. Magoo in the head. Great job.

Dad

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

#1 mr. northwind gazing west
#2 angel flying east
#3 Koi on the surface
#4 old man carrying fluffy sheep on his back
#5 abominable snowman rushing to deliver a platter of snowcones
#6 #5 two strides later

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Tj here:

1. Poodle with fluffy legs
2. Dove
3. helicopter
4. Angel
5. Reclining man pointing at sky
6. Reclining smurf

What fun! Thanks.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I, too, love our New Mexico skies. My favorite thing is looking out at the mesas as the clouds float above, and leave moving shadows across the hills.

1. Cat
2. Mouse
3. Dolphin
4. Flying Turtle
5. Sky Monster is Napping
6. Pteranodon

Now, I want to see what your cloud visions are. :)